U.S. Privacy Notice
Coloplast Corp. (“Coloplast”, “us”, or “our”), a U.S. based corporation, is collecting and using personal information. This U.S. Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes the collection and use of personal information about our customers, partners, healthcare professionals, end-users, persons acting on behalf of these individuals, and any other persons that engage with us (“you” or “your”). By interacting with Coloplast through our employees, websites, mobile applications, social platforms, products, and services, you consent to the collection and use of your information as described in this privacy notice. Coloplast may also provide additional privacy notices for certain collection and use of personal information.
Personal information may be collected and processed across Coloplast’s network, which includes processing of personal data outside of the United States of America. For more information about data collection, please refer to the Coloplast A/S Global Privacy Notice at www.Coloplast.com.
By clicking the topics below you will find more information about the different aspects of Coloplast’s handling of personal information:
- What information may be collected?
- How is the information collected?
- What is the information collected for?
- Who is processing the information?
- How long is the information being stored?
- How is transfer of information handled securely?
- How to update your personal information?
- What choices do you have?
- What about Cookies?
- How do we protect your information?
- Your rights and choices
- How to contact us?
- Changes to this privacy notice
What information may be collected?
Coloplast may collect the following types of information from different sources:
- Mailing address
- Shipping address
- Phone (or mobile) number
- Email address
- Date of birth, age
- Audio recordings
- Your physical characteristics or description
- Your medical or health status, product usage, and treatment, including your health care provider, caregiver, or disability status
- How you use our websites and mobile applications, search terms, pages you visit on our websites and our mobile applications, and website and mobile application performance
- Your interaction with other websites, applications, or advertisements
- Your mobile device information
- IP Address
If there are categories of data, including but not limited to those categories defined below, that by local or federal law require your express consent prior to collection, Coloplast will ask for your consent prior to collection.
- Sensitive Personal Information – Coloplast will not collect medical information, health insurance information, physical characteristics, or description, physical or mental disability, caregiver, or healthcare provider information without your consent.
How is the information collected?
Coloplast may collect information about you from different sources, such as:
- Direct interaction with you, such as mail responses, phone calls, online chat, and your attendance at events or meetings, either online or in person.
- When you visit our websites, use our mobile applications, exchange emails with us, use our online forms and services, and engage with us on social media and other platforms.
- Other sources, such as suppliers, hospitals, and healthcare providers that request products for you.
What is the information collected for?
Coloplast is processing personal information for a variety of purposes, depending on the nature of the relationship we have with you. For illustration see the following examples:
- We process information about contact persons (e.g., healthcare professionals) from our customers and partners to deliver products and services, to comply with quality and safety requirements, detect and prevent fraudulent activity, to engage in business relationships, and to maintain and improve our offerings.
- We process information about our end-users to deliver products (e.g., when required by a hospital), to comply with quality and safety requirements, to provide samples or services to the end-users, send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions, detect and prevent fraudulent activity, and to maintain and improve our offerings.
- We process information about persons that have signed up to receive newsletters and other materials to deliver the materials and to maintain and improve our offerings.
- We process cookie information to provide tailored advertising on social media and through Microsoft Advertising (Microsoft Privacy Statement)
In case you wish to request our provision of services, products, newsletters, and other materials we need certain personal information to handle your request. You are not obligated to provide the information, but we cannot handle your request if you choose not to provide your information to us.
Coloplast does not make use of automated decision-making, such as profiling, that will affect you as a person.
Who is processing the information?
Coloplast is responsible for processing individual information.
In some cases, the information is stored or processed by third party processors that assist Coloplast. These third-party processors will only process the information in accordance with Coloplast’s instructions and for Coloplast’s purposes. They will not share the information with others, and they will delete the information when their tasks are completed or when requested by you.
If public authorities request access to your information, we make a legal assessment of the request, and if applicable law requires us to disclose the information, we will comply with the request. You will be notified if required by applicable law in the event of disclosure of your information for this purpose.
In some places on our websites, applications, and services, you will find public forums, message boards, and/or news groups. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
If all or a part of our business is merged, sold, or reorganized (including transfers made as a part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings), personal data about you could be shared with the successor business.
How long is the information being stored?
Coloplast has established a retention policy and stores information according to this policy. We store information according to this policy, generally for the duration for the purpose(s) for which it is used, unless applicable law requires us to retain it for a longer period of time. For illustration see the following examples:
- Where your information is used to provide you with products or services, we will in general retain the information until ten years after the last delivery, unless applicable law requires us to delete it earlier or store it for a longer period.
- Where your information is used to send you newsletters or other materials on basis of your consent, we will in general retain the information until ten years after you withdraw the consent.
How is transfer of information handled securely?
Coloplast and its hosting providers maintain servers around the world and your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country where you live. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy.
How to update your personal information?
Coloplast takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate and complete. You can access or update some of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have created an account on one of our websites or mobile services, you can log in to review and update your information.
- You can call, email, or send us a letter with your current contact information and your requested changes. We will either provide an explanation of what actions we will be able to take with regard to the request or will make the changes you request. Please refer to the How to contact us section below.
What choices do you have?
Uninstall a Coloplast Mobile Application
You can stop all further collection of information by a Coloplast mobile application by uninstalling the mobile application. You may use the standard uninstall process available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
You can unsubscribe from promotional emails via the unsubscribe link included in each promotional email. You may also call, email or write us to opt-out. Please refer to the How to contact us section below. It may take up to ten days to process your request.
This opt-out does not apply to operational communication, such as informational emails and surveys, and what is required or permitted under law, such as recall notices.
If you do not wish to receive promotional material via postal mail, you may call, email or write us to opt-out. Please refer to the How to contact us section below. Please note that postal mailings are often prepared many weeks in advance, and you may continue to receive mail for six to ten weeks.
This opt-out does not apply to operational communications, such as product deliveries, and what is required or permitted under law, such as recall notices.
If you do not wish to receive promotional telephone calls, you may call, email or write us to opt-out. Please refer to the How to contact us section below. It may take up to ten days to process your request.
We may send promotional text messages you have consented to receive. You can cancel text messages at any time by texting “STOP”. After you send “STOP” we may send you an additional text message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. You will no longer receive text messages from that short code, but you may receive text messages if you are subscribed to other text lists.
What about Cookies?
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. For more information visit page on IT Security please visit https://www.coloplast.com/about-coloplast/compliance/data-privacy-and-security/.
Your rights and choices
Consumers have specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your rights under State law and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Correct Information
You have the right to request that Coloplast correct the personal information we have on you if inaccurate. Once we receive your request Coloplast will use reasonable efforts to correct your information.
Right to Access – Your right to request access to your personal information
You have the right to request that Coloplast disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you, as applicable, the following:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed to third parties
- The categories of third parties with whom we disclosed that personal information
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access twice within a 12-month period.
Right to Request Deletion – Your right to request deletion of your personal information
You have the right to request that Coloplast delete your personal information that we have collected and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete your personal information from our records, and direct our service providers, contractors, or other applicable third parties to delete your personal information, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.)
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Right to Limit the Use of my Sensitive Information
You have the right, at any time, to direct Coloplast to limit its use any sensitive personal information Coloplast may have collected from you to that use which is necessary to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably necessary for the purpose or as provided by law.
Right to do not Sell or Share my Personal Information
Coloplast uses third-party cookies to collect information for analytics purposes and to place targeted advertisements. You may opt-out of the sale of personal information by unchecking the marketing box in the cookie settings link below or though this link.
How to contact us?
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Coloplast collects and uses your information, your rights and choices regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
How to submit a request regarding your personal information
Only you, or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf (Authorized Agent), may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
We cannot respond to a request if we cannot verify your identity or confirm your Authorized Agent. To make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you, the request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to the request
- Identify whether you prefer to receive written responses from us by U.S. mail or email, and provide your mailing or email address, respectively.
We will only use the personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity to make the request, and to respond to your request.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
Responding to a consumer request
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
For access requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information in a readily usable format. Any disclosures we provide to you will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the verifiable consumer request.
We will deliver our written response by U.S. mail or email, at your option.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
The response we provide may also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights. Unless permitted under law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services for exercising any or your rights
Changes to this privacy notice
Coloplast reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on our website, www.Coloplast.us, and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our website, mobile applications, products, and services following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Last updated: December 2022